Tuesday, June 19, 2012

DFW Fiber Fest 2012



I finally got to go to a fiber convention.  YarnCon, hahaha! Actually it was really DFW Fiberfest.  It was earlier this year in April.  Very cool.  So many things to see and touch and covet and purchase and, and, and...

I did walk away with a few skeins.  The green is a merino/silk blend, this will be a scarf and hat for the husband, the lilac and cream is a bamboo/merino blend, not sure what this will be it just felt heavenly and the colours appealed to me, it's just going to have to age appropriately in my basket o' yarn until the knitting muse speaks, and the multi-coloured skein is a hand painted worsted superwash wool that was initially meant to be mittens or fingerless gloves for me, but my friend's little girl has a thing for hand knits, and this suits her personality.  Maybe it will become a little sweater vest or shrug.

There were spinners. This captured my attention.  I would love to try it, but not sure I have the time or space.  I think I may at least try a spindle class.There is a small farm near where we live that has spinning classes.  She raises Jacob sheep and Alpacas and has classes and a drop in knitting circle as well.  I have it on my to do list, I just have not gotten around to giving her a call. She had a booth at the convention.  I will call this week, how about that!


No comments:

Post a Comment