Monday, December 19, 2011

T-Shirt Blanket




Last Christmas I made a fleece blanket for my little guy, this year it was the big boy's turn. I decided to try and make a blanket for him out of his very cool, very beloved, yet very outgrown t-shirts.

I cut out the logos with my rotary cutter and made them into 14X15 inch squares. Then sewed them together, strip style, like a patch work quilt. I then laid the completed top over a piece of polar fleece. (I purchased 1.5 yards and that was the perfect amount for 12 t-shirt squares.)


Once it was thoroughly pinned down, I stitched "in the ditch" vertically for each row of squares and then stitched around the outside to fasten the top to the bottom. (again machine quilting style) When the top was fastened to the bottom fleece, I trimmed around the whole blanket with pinking shears to give it an inch and a half border.

Presto!! A t-shirt blanket. I think it turned out pretty cool. I went ahead and gave it to him last night when it was finished, since he knew I was making it and it wasn't going to be a surprise.


And he was very happy.....



No comments:

Post a Comment