Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Rainbow Beans




This is one of my favorite recipes using beans. Rainbow beans over rice. I use brown rice to bump the nutrients and fiber up even more. It is super easy and quick to make and the leftovers keep well. I have used the leftovers in omelets the next day, for variety. Everyone in the house likes this dish, too, even the little boy who tends to be fussy about new things.




1 can black beans


1 can white beans


1 can red beans


1 can or 1 cup frozen corn


1 can diced tomatoes


one diced onion


1 tsp cumin


chili powder to taste


1-2 tsp minced garlic or garlic powder




Sweat the onions in a sauce pan with olive oil. Rinse the beans and add to pan. Drain the corn and add to pan. Add tomatoes with juices to pan. Add the spices and simmer. And that's it!




Serve over brown rice. Yum yum!!




I did try black eyed peas from scratch for New Years Day - yuck - epic fail!!!!! Not worthy of a post. Next year I'll remember to get the canned ones, I like those better.




No comments:

Post a Comment